Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in PDF document file format. Upon acceptance of the paper I will provide the document in the LaTeX format with figures in EPS or PDF format (see the guidelines above).
By choosing section ARTICLES the submission is intended for the AMC. The submission intended for the new journal The Art of Discrete and Applied Mathematics (ADAM) that is being launched in 2018 should be subitted at:
Articles in this journal are published under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Privacy StatementThe data controller responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal data in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (i.e. General Data Protection Regulation) is Univerza na Primorskem Universita' del Litorale, Titov trg 4, SI-6000 Koper, Slovenia.
1. What personal data we collect
We may collect and process these types of personal data about you: username, name, email address, gender, affiliation and department, phone number and mailing address.
2. How is your data collected
You must select a username and enter your name and email address when registering on the site. You may also enter other personal data, mentioned in the previous clause. When submitting an article for review you must enter the name and email of all authors, and optionally their affiliations and departments.
3. How we use your data
Your personal data will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal (e.g. review process, editorial process). The personal data entered when submitting an article will be made publicly available when the article is published online and in the printed edition.
4. How we store and secure your data
Your personal data is stored on the Microsoft Azure cloud and processed inside the European Economic Area (EEA), but may be transferred outside the EEA, in which cases it is protected under the EU-US Privacy Shield. We ensure that we and our partners take adequate and appropriate security measures to protect your data (e.g. ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27018 compliance). We will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
5. To whom we disclose your data
For achieving the purposes of this journal, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know (e.g. reviewers, editors). They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We may share your personal data with the following data processors: Microsoft Corporation by using their Azure cloud hosting service; and Amazon Web Services, Inc. by using their email service. We may also share your personal data with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities when compelled by subpoena, court order, or other valid legal procedure, or when the disclosure is necessary to report suspected illegal activity.
6. What rights you have regarding your data
You have the right:
- to request that we provide you access to your personal data held by us;
- to request correction of any personal data we hold on you;
- to request deletion of your personal data when it is no longer necessary;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- to request an export of your personal data;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data, where you have provided one.
7. Questions & Complaints
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, or if you have a complaint, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at Ars Mathematica Contemporanea, UP FAMNIT, Glagoljaška 8, SI-6000 Koper, Slovenia. All communication must be made in English or alternatively in Slovenian language. You also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data with the relevant supervisory authority. In Slovenia, the relevant data protection authority is the Information Commissioner.